Friday 8 April 2011

WAT KUHASAWARN, KUHASAWAN SUB. DISTRICT, MUANG DISTRICT, PHATTALUNG

Romsumdet Former Abbot of Wat Kuhasawarn


Romsumdet Former Abbot of Wat Kuhasawarn


Romsumdet Buddha Image of Wat Kuhasawarn
 PROJECTS FOR WAT KUHASAWARN, KUHASAWAN SUB. DISTRICT,  MUANG DISTRICT,  PHATTALUNG, THAILAND

Venerable Chow Khun Phra Tham Yanmolee, the Chief Abbot of Wat Kuhasawarn had a dream in 2001 that Luang Pu Thuad (“LPT”) asked him to make an image of LPT for people to pray to him for everyone to have safety in travelling.

He approached me to help in the fund raising to build the LPT image of 10 feet tall and ten feet wide.  He told me that it would take three years to complete this project. 

A few months later, the contractor told Chow Khun that the LPT image could be completed in three months.  Chow Khun became frantic and came to see me for help to quickly raise the funds.  He asked me how to raise RM100,000/- in such a short time for the LPT image.  He was really worried and wanted to commit suicide as he could not pay the contractor.    I approached a few friends to donate RM100,000/- for the LPT image and Chow Khun was very happy.  We held a “Pok Sek” Ceremony when making the cast of the LPT image in Wat Kuhasawarn.

When making the LPT image those involved will experience a lot of hardships and sufferings but thereafter everyone will be greatly blessed and all problems will be resolved.  I also faced the following problems when making this LPT image :-

First Problem
When Chow Khun and his disciple came to Penang to discuss how to organize a fund raising in Penang, we had a meeting with the Chief Monk of a famous Temple in Penang.  This Chief Monk promised to allow us to use the name of his Temple and he would ask his devotees to help in the fund raising as I had previously helped him a lot to become the Chief Monk of the Penang Temple.  I had arranged for a lawyer to prepare the document for the former Chief Monk of this Penang Temple to appoint him to be the Chief Monk of this Temple in Penang.  He said that in appreciation for helping him so much and as he had considered me as his brother he would help and support me 100% in this fund raising.  I translated into Thai to Chow Khun  of Wat Kuhasawarn about what the Chief Monk of the Penang Temple had promised and he was very happy.  The next day the Chief Monk of the Penang Temple and I went to Che Hoon Khor Moral Uplifting Society, Macalister Road, Penang to book and pay for the rental of the Hall for the fund raising.  I told this Chief Monk of the Penang Temple  to be sincere and not  to bluff me in this fund raising.  I told him that if he bluffed me I shall not enter his Penang Temple again.  He gave me his assurance.  The said Chief Monk of the Penang Temple asked me for help of RM3,000/- to purchase robes and RM2,500/- to purchase bags for monks for Katina to be held overseas. I gave him RM5,500/- for the purchases. He also promised to prepare a very good programme for the fund raising.  When he came back from overseas, I started to face problems.  When I telephoned him to ask on the progress of the programme he told me that he was very busy.  I called him again one week later.  He gave me the same reply that he was very busy.  I started to get worried and could not eat nor sleep.  I booked a room at Lone Pine Hotel, Batu Ferringhi, Penang.  At twelve midnight I wanted to go to the beach to commit suicide.        

I felt a strong wind at the beach which beat my face and pushed me back into the hotel room.  Luang Pu Thuad appeared to me and asked me not to worry.  He told me to use the title “Long Pu Thuad Dharma Assembly for World Harmony” for the fund raising.  When I awoke I quickly wrote down the name given by Luang Pu Thuad for the fund raising project.

The next day the Chief Monk of the Penang Temple telephoned me to say that he could not help me in the fund raising.  He asked me for two receipt books for RM500/-  each so that he could help to get donations.  I refused to give him the two books and told him that the collection of RM1,000/- is negligible.  I then formed a Committee and started the preparation for the fund raising.   Eventually the Chief Monk of the Penang Temple did not help to collect a single sen for the fund raising project.  True to my words, I did not step into his Penang Temple again.  

Second Problem

One year before the fund raising in Penang for Luang Phor Thuad I was promised by about 30 friends who are devotees of Wat Phoo Por to help in the said fund raising for Wat Kuhasawarn.  However, my former Master of Wat Phoo Por purposely chose the same days i.e. 16 and 17 November 2002 for the Katina at his Temple and pulled over 20 of these friends away from helping me.  I telephoned one of these members about three months earlier before the day of the fund raising and he asked me how do I know that they will be going to Wat Phoo Por in Thailand during those two days and will not be able to help me in the fund raising in Penang.  I told him that as I was able to raise over RM4 million single-handedly for Wat Phoo Por with the help and blessings of all the Buddhas, Thevadas and Luang Phors I am able to have this intuition.  Finally over 200 devotees volunteered to help instead and I formed a Committee for this fund raising project.   

Fund Raising Project

I organized the “Long Pu Thuad Dharma Assembly for World Harmony” at the Che Hoon Khor Moral Uplifting Society, Macalister Road, Penang from 16 to 17 November 2002 and raised over RM200,000/- for the cost of constructing the Pagoda-shaped shelter for the LPT image at the Wat Kuhasawarn.  

I organized another fund raising project – “Thod Pa Par” - offering of robes to over 500 monks from 24 to 26 June 2005 during the Opening Ceremony for the unveiling of the LPT image at this Temple.  Vegetarian lunch was served to all the monks and devotees.  This project raised about RM230,000/- for the balance of the construction cost for the Pagoda-shaped shelter to house the big image of LPT.

The following pictures show how the big and small images of LPT were made at Wat Kuhasawarn.

After the images were opened up a special prayer ceremony “Pok Sek” was held at the Temple to bless all the images and LPT sam pohs. 

I sincerely thank all the devotees and helpers who had helped in making the Luang Pu Thuad images a success.   May Lord Buddha and Long Phor Thuad bless you all in Dharma.

Saddhu, Saddhu, Saddhu!






No comments:

Post a Comment